EIONET NRC Soil Meeting (15 October 2015) – EEA - Copenhagen (Denmark)
The 2015 EIONET NRC Soil meeting, co-organized by JRC and EEA, was held on 15 October 2015, at EEA in Copenhagen.
Agenda of the meeting.
Presentations during the meeting:
- Jacques Delsalle (DG ENV): the recent EU land and soil activities (see pp. 1-19)
- Geertrui Louwagie (EEA): the main messages of the SOER 2015 and the follow-up .
- Marc Van Liedekerke (DG JRC): the work done by JRC on the Soil Atlas of Europe
- Ana Payá Pérez (DG JRC) reported on the NRC ad-hoc Working group meetings on contaminated sites and brownfields, back-to-back with the NRC LUSP meeting
- Jacques Delsalle (DG ENV): the Commission study to analyse soil legislation and policy instruments.(see pp. 20-24)
- Geertrui Louwagie (EEA) presented the EEA Technical Report ‘Soil Resource efficiency in urbanised areas’
- Andrus Meiner (EEA): the progress on the Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services (MAES)
- Jacques Delsalle (DG ENV): the MAES Soil pilot (see pp. 25-36)
- Tobias Langanke (EEA): the new indicator on imperviousness based on Copernicus Land Monitoring Services HRL
- Marc Van Liedekerke (DG JRC): the LUCAS-Soil
- Ana Payá Pérez (DG JRC): the soil activities in JRC WP 2015-2016
- Country presentations:
- France (Véronique Antoni): the French contribution to the UN IYS 2015: booklet ‘Soil and Environment’
- Czech Republic (Igor Jan Dvorak) presented an early warning system for flash floods.
- Austria (Martha Wepner-Banko): the application of the Copernicus data to mapping soil sealing in Austria
- Germany (Frank Glante): the work done on soil organic carbon
- Marc Van Liedekerke (DG JRC) presented the follow-up of the 6 action points from the Minutes of the last NRC Soil Meeting in Ispra, May 2014
Minutes of the meeting. (updated 26/11/2015)