The report is about the development of a framework for incorporating version 4.0 of the Soil Geographical Database of Europe (SGDBE) in the Crop Growth Monitoring System (CGMS) which is a part of the Mars Crop Yield Forecasting System (MCYFS).
This report is based on the achievements of the study: 'New soil information for the Crop Growth Monitoring System' and has been published as EU-report EUR 22499 EN.
The work is subdivided into different activities which are discussed in the following chapters:
- generation of soil parameters with FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation) soil map
- check and update of WRB soil names
- rewriting the Pedotransfer Rules (PTR) for salinity, alkalinity and drainage class according to the new nomenclature
- redefinition of new Soil Physical Groups and their parameters
- redefinition of new Rooting Depth classes
- re-evaluation of CGMS Suitability Criteria
- new evaluation of Soil Suitability Criteria