Dataset Access Expires on
- Download: Topsoil data from 2015: zipfile containing CSV, XLS, ESRI shapefile, readme; please read also this important note.
- A report describing the 2015 dataset for the EU and a report describing changes between 2009 and 2015.
- Download: Reference ancillary data (xls, csv) describing a range of environmental conditions for the LUCAS Soil locations together with a supporting report
- Topsoil microdata for individual countries (zip file containing the same data as "Topsoil data from 2015", but split in 28 country data files; or also individually from this panel)
- (as from 19 Nov 2020) Multispectral reflectance data for each sample; values are absorbance
- (coming soon) X-Ray Diffraction data on a subset of 400 samples
- (coming soon) Data from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Maccedonia, Montenegro, Serbia collected during 2015 using the same methodology.
- Data from samples collected during 2015 in Switzerland using the same methodology are already available from here.
The following Science-policy report provides insights on how the two indicators (Soil erosion, Soil organic carbon) have been developed using the LUCAS topsoil data of 2009 and 2015:
Panagos, P., Ballabio, C., Scarpa, S., Borrelli, P., Lugato, E. and Montanarella, L., Soil related indicators to support agro-environmental policies, EUR 30090 EN, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2020, ISBN 978-92-76-15644-4, doi:10.2760/011194
Scientific publication describing the LUCAS survey as a whole.
Orgiazzi, A., Ballabio, C., Panagos, P., Jones, A., Fernández-Ugalde, O. 2018. LUCAS Soil, the largest expandable soil dataset for Europe: A review. European Journal of Soil Science, 69(1): 140-153. https://doi.org/10.1111/ejss.12499
Scientific publication on the comparison with the Swiss sampling method.
Fernández‐Ugalde, O, Jones, A, Meuli, RG. Comparison of sampling with a spade and gouge auger for topsoil monitoring at the continental scale. Eur J Soil Sci. 2020; 71: 137– 150. https://doi.org/10.1111/ejss.12862
|Joint Research Centre - European Soil Data Centre (ESDAC)|
|Date - Time||Thu, 11/25/2021 - 13:33|
|Name of User||Dariusz Gozdowski|
|Organization||Warsaw University of Life Sciences|
|Type of Organization||University|
|Purpose||Education and research purposes for agronomy and sustaibable development|